Monday, October 13, 2008

AUTUMN PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“BOBCAT TRAIL”
PLEIN AIR PAINTING by Tom Brown
5x6 inch original oil
To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

Saturday morning I joined a fellow artist for a day of plein air painting at this Wildlife Sanctuary. In the photo below you can see my friend at work, as my easel is set up farther along the trail.

While we painted, a wild bobcat calmly crossed the path at the crest of this hill carrying fresh prey from a hunt. It was a memorable moment and I named this painting in honor of the experience.


Next weekend I begin teaching a new 5-week Plein Air Workshop for other artists here in Southern California. The workshop is now sold out and enrollment is full.

If you would like to try your hand at plein air painting but can’t attend my live workshops, my PLEIN AIR QUICK-START PACKAGE will get you started on the right path. For details see yesterday’s blog entry.

Today’s thought:
Observing nature up close

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home