Saturday, September 06, 2008

PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE BY TOM BROWN


“RETIRED”
Plein Air Painting by Tom Brown

8x10 inch original oil on canvas panel
To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

I discovered this abandoned farm on a country back road and couldn’t resist capturing it in oils. This painting has loads of thick juicy, paint that gives the canvas an almost “sculptural” feeling.

It was an overcast day and the colors of the landscape were very soft and restful. This was one of those rare times when the painting almost painted itself, and it was a pure delight from start to finish. Hope you like it as much as I enjoyed painting it.
I painted this outdoors on location using the small paintbox shown in my CD “PLEIN AIR PAINTING MADE EASY.” The paintbox is completely self-contained with a canvas panel attached inside the lid and a palette of paints in the base. I just open the box and paint. When finished, I close the lid and I'm packed. Neat and tidy - and very efficient.

I give details on this and other inexpensive kits in my CD "PLEIN AIR PAINTING MADE EASY." If you can’t join me on location you may want to check out my CDs. They are designed for every artist from the complete beginner to the seasoned professional. Email me for more details. tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Today’s thought:
Exploring country back roads

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home