Wednesday, September 17, 2008

LANDSCAPE, CITYSCAPE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“YOU CAN’T GET THERE FROM HERE”
by Tom Brown
18x24 inch original oil on canvas

SOLD

This scene shows a narrow country road with a city skyline in the distance. I created a plein air study on location, then used that study to paint this larger canvas in the studio.

Many artists tend to specialize in just one type of subject like still life, or figurative, or landscape. I like to paint it all. Figures. Landscapes. Still life paintings. Animals (especially horses). Portraits. Whatever moves my spirit.

I truly love plein air painting; getting out in the fresh air with my oil paints and working directly from nature as I do on my TV show. I also enjoy painting in the studio, doing still life and figurative paintings and I often teach classes for other artists in the studio.

For those interested, a few spaces are still available in some of my studio and outdoor (plein air) classes. If you can’t attend my classes, you may be interested in my instructional CDs or DVDs. Email for details. tombrownstudio@cox.net.

My fascination with painting a wide variety of subject matter is probably a result of having been an artist all my life. From the time I was a small child I wanted to be an artist. My mother was an accomplished artist, as was her father. I suppose it was in my genes.

I hope you enjoy today’s painting. Thanks for stopping by. I always welcome comments or questions: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Today’s thought:
Picnics in the country

1 Comments:

Blogger JudyMackeyart said...

Tom, This is really beautiful. Makes the city look really peaceful way off in the warm distance.
Judy

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home