Tuesday, September 16, 2008

FIGURATIVE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“FOUNTAIN TREAT”
by Tom Brown
18x24 inch original oil on canvas

SOLD

Today I decided to show another of my figurative pieces. A pair of twins enjoying an ice cream treat.

Many artists tend to specialize in just one type of subject like still life, or figurative, or landscape. I like to paint it all. Figures. Landscapes. Still life paintings. Animals (especially horses). Portraits. Whatever moves my spirit.

I truly love plein air painting; getting out in the fresh air with my oil paints and working directly from nature. In fact I host a TV show where I am often filmed painting on location. I also enjoy painting in the studio, doing still life and figurative paintings and I often teach classes for other artists in the studio.

By the way, a few spaces are still available in some of my studio and outdoor (plein air) classes. Email for details. tombrownstudio@cox.net.

My fascination with painting a wide variety of subject matter is probably a result of having been an artist all my life. From the time I was a small child I wanted to be an artist. My mother was an accomplished artist, as was her father. I suppose it was in my genes.

I hope you enjoy today’s painting. Thanks for stopping by. I always welcome comments or questions: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Today’s thought:
Watching children

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home