Saturday, August 23, 2008

DAILY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“BLUE TWINE”
6x6 inch oil painting
SOLD

Our son recently graduated college and is now moving out of state to accept a new job. Packing materials like this are everywhere in our home at the moment as we help him prepare for the move. Among all the temporary clutter, these spools of twine caught my eye and I paused a moment to capture this in oils.

I feel a subject doesn’t need to be complex to be interesting. I especially liked the way the light shimmered on the spool of blue nylon twine. If you wish to purchase this painting, email me at: tombrownstudio@cox.net. Thanks for looking.

Today’s thought:
Becoming “empty nesters”

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Nice painting! Beautiful color. It has a somewhat sad feeling. The "empty nest" is hard at first, but you'll get used to it and like it. But, things will never be the same. They grow up so fast. Stay busy--painting, of course.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hate being an empty nester, but I have my neice! I just wish that her 'dream come true' did not have so many tatoos, and perhaps he could wear more clothing, and not have an early american indian hair cut, or post photos with substances. Actually maybe the emptiness is not so bad.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home