Sunday, July 27, 2008

PLEIN AIR PALM TREE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




“PALM AND CLIFFS AT NEWPORT BACK BAY”
6x5 inch original oil painting
To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

This is a demonstration painting I did for my students at a recent Plein Air Workshop (a few of the artists are shown in the photo). Dynamic brush strokes and thick, juicy paint add interesting texture to this painting. That was part of the lesson. Choosing interesting compositions to paint was another important aspect of the demonstration.

I wish all my faithful blog viewers could join me for these Workshops. We always have a great time painting and meet new friends with common interests. Even first-time artists are surprised to discover how easy and fun it is to paint if you know what to do.

For those who can’t join me in person, I have CDs and DVDs that show how anyone can paint well on their first try. The DVDs are episodes from my TV shows where I am filmed live on location painting the scenes in front of us. Email me for details if you’re interested. tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Recently I visited Wine Country where I painted, sampled some memorable vintages and enjoyed a relaxing change of scenery. Last week I posted some plein air paintings done there, and I’ll be showing more of the Wine Country paintings later this week. Watch for them.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Visiting spectacular new locations with friends

1 Comments:

Blogger trailbee said...

I was trying to figure out why my drawing didn't look right. It's the composition.I looked at your site, and you not only addressed this headache, but proved it in your paintings over and over again.Knowledge must come with experience.Thank you.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home