Monday, July 21, 2008

LARGE PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE BY TOM BROWN




“PEACE AND SERENITY”
16x6 inch original oil on canvas panel

To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

This is a demonstration painting I did for my students at a recent Plein Air Workshop. Dynamic brush strokes and thick, juicy paint add interesting texture to the canvas. That was part of the lesson. Choosing interesting compositions to paint was another important aspect of the demonstration.

I wish all my faithful blog viewers could join me for these Workshops. We always have a great time painting and meet new friends with common interests. Even first-time artists are surprised to discover how easy it is to paint if you know what to do.

For those who can’t join me in person, I have CDs and DVDs that show how anyone can paint well on their first try. The DVDs are episodes from my TV shows where I am filmed live on location painting the scenes in front of us. Email me for details if you’re interested. tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Learning something new

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home