Sunday, July 13, 2008

KITCHEN ART, DAILY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES”
6x6 inch original oil painting on gessoed fom-cor panel
To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

I’ve been busy! This week I began teaching two workshops, both of which have full enrollment with waiting lists.

One is an 8-week studio workshop on oil painting. The other is a 5-week Plein Air workshop during which we will meet on location at a new spot each Saturday morning and paint directly from nature.

I wish all my faithful blog viewers could join me for these classes. We always have a great time painting and meet new friends with common interests. Even first-time artists are surprised to discover how easy it is to paint if you know what to do.

For those who can’t join me in person, I have CDs and DVDs that show how anyone can paint well on their first try. The DVDs are episodes from my TV shows where I am filmed live on location painting the scenes in front of us. Email me for details if you’re interested. tombrownstudio@cox.net.

This week on my blog I will be featuring a fun series of still life paintings. Today’s painting plays on the phrase “comparing apples to oranges” and others in the series will also use interesting interpretations of familiar phrases. Stay tuned.

Today’s thought to smile about:
A bowl of fresh fruit

5 Comments:

Blogger sunny said...

hi, i subscribe to your daily painting and today got the 'comparing apples to oranges'. Not sure why but it really stood out intensely to me...the ligt is fantastic...i paint too but in a much more 'tight' way. I really enjoy seeing other peoples work, its very inspiring....Thanks for sharing your work with the world !!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Just beautiful, Tom!!!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Susan Carlin said...

I really like the fruit and bowl set against the black background- they become jewels on velvet.

9:15 PM  
Blogger John K. Harrell said...

You bring new life to still life, great job Tom!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Rhonda Hurwitz said...

fantastically light filled. wonderful painting

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home