Thursday, June 19, 2008

PLEIN AIR MOONRISE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




“FULL MOON RISING”
5x7 inch oil on prepared fom-cor

To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Yes, I actually go out painting on location at night! Students who have joined me are surprised at how easily your eyes adjust. To help illuminate my work I use the small headlamp shown here that attaches to my cap. It focuses just enough light on my palette and painting, without ruining my night vision. The visor of my cap prevents the light from glaring into my eyes as I work.

Find the wonder in the world around you today, and help others see it with you.

Today’s thought to smile about:
A peaceful moment when the world is still

2 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Another beautiful painting! I love the colors! I guess I'll have to try a night painting. I've never done that, but your work is so inspiring.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

Tom - I love that you painted this moon plein air. You are definately peeking my interest in moonlight painting...

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home