Wednesday, June 25, 2008

PLEIN AIR DAILY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN




“CALIFORNIA GOLD”
6x6 inch original oil on fom-cor
To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

The day had started without much promise, but just before sunset the clouds parted and turned these cliffs to gold. It became pure magic! These are the moments Plein Air painters live for. I felt you might like to see a photo I shot earlier in the day. I was too busy painting to shoot photos at sunset!

Two quick reminders for other artists:

1. My Saturday morning Plein Air class this weekend will be at the ocean in Newport Beach. This session is open to all artists of all skill levels. Any medium is welcome, but I will be demonstrating in oils. Email me for details if you would like to join us: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

2. My new 5-week Plein Air Workshop begins July 12 and there is still time to enroll. If you can’t attend my workshops you may be interested in my CDs or DVDs on plein air painting. It’s the next best thing to painting on location with me. The DVDs are episodes from my TV show that were filmed live on location. Email for details: tombrownstudio@cox.net.

Today’s thought to smile about:
A child’s definition of love
(Example: “Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.”)

3 Comments:

Blogger retaildesigners said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Antony Bridge said...

love the sky in this piece. brilliant use of colour.

Would you like to exchange links as we get over 1000 a month and would like to point people to other good plein-air artists.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Molly Mansfield said...

great colors in this piece. I really love the rock area with all the shadows and highlights.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home