Wednesday, July 01, 2009

LARGE PLEIN AIR SEASCAPE BY TOM BROWN




“WATCHING THE WAVES ROLL IN”
16x7 inch original oil on canvas

To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.

I treated myself to a delicious stroll in the surf when this painting was completed. Nothing is as soothing as foaming surf engulfing your ankles, followed by the unusual feeling of sand being subtracted from beneath your bare feet as the wave washes back out. This is nature’s calming therapy.

It’s easy to spot the tourists. They’re the ones who roll up their jeans before walking in the surf, thinking it will keep them dry. But there’s always a sneaky wave that douses everyone by surprise.

Afterwards I let the warm sun dry my feet, brushed off the sand and went home refreshed and happy. There’s nothing like a day at the ocean.

Find the beauty in the world around you today, and pass the feeling along.

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex Perez pintor contemporaneo said...

hi Tom.
Powerful, perfectly well done brush strokes, wonderful.
Alex

7:46 AM  
Blogger Ann Reyes said...

Very nice, Tom! It makes me want to go to the beach. You can do so much with so few strokes!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Diana Moses Botkin said...

Lovely energetic piece... I can almost hear the waves!

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home