Friday, June 06, 2008

HARBOR SCENE PALETTE KNIFE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN






“TAKING A BREAK”
6x6 oil painting on gessoed fom-cor
To purchase this, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

The gull landed and added a nice touch as I was painting at the edge of Balboa Island. I decided to include him in the painting. I was attracted to this scene by the way the boat contrasted with reflected colors in the water from trees and homes on the opposite bank. The gull was also nicely framed by the dark tones in the water, and his reflection was silhouetted against lighter tones of the sky in the water.

As with my other recent palette knife paintings, I used loads of rich, juicy oil paint in creating this piece. The knife adds a painterly looseness that I enjoy. Click the detail images for a better view. This one is a true delight to study at close range. You can really "get lost" in the color, textures and brushwork. Enjoy it.

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Moored boats gently rocking

1 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn M. King said...

This is gorgeous! I CAN get lost in the close up, such a marvelous celebration of paint. The warm tone of the boat is so delightful against the cools of the water. I'm really loving these knife paintings, Tom.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home