Sunday, May 25, 2008

PLEIN AIR PAINTING BY TOM BROWN



“MAGIC MOMENT”
8x4 inch plein air oil painting
To purchase, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net.
SOLD

Plein air painting lets you grab the thrill you feel outdoors and capture it in oils. There’s a quality of magic to it that’s hard to describe. It’s a total sensory experience that seems to include the scent of the earth, sounds of birds, the breeze on your face. You bring home that freshness and excitement in your painting.

I urge all studio artists to try plein air painting. Your work will take a quantum leap overnight. To get you started I’ve created a CD entitled “PLEIN AIR PAINTING MADE EASY.” It costs just $30 and it’s for the absolute beginner.

This CD includes everything you need to know to join the fun of outdoor painting: a short supply list, packing tips, alternatives to expensive easels, brushwork, color mixing, and loads more. Including step-by-step demonstrations and comparisons of basic approaches under different outdoor conditions. This CD is an e-book that you use on your computer, or print out for handy reference. Everyone raves about it.

Recently I’ve also been able to make 4 of my TV shows available on DVDs. In each video I am filmed live on location painting the scene before us. The cameras follow every step from blank panel to finished painting as I explain everything in detail while I paint.

The DVDs cost $30 each and I’m excited about all of them, but if you want to get just one I would suggest “BACK BAY.” In the “BACK BAY” video I show how to make a simple outdoor painting kit that costs nothing. It’s great, because you can try your hand at outdoor painting without wasting lots of money on unnecessary things like a French easel.

If you want all 4 DVDs I can give you a discounted price of $100 for the full set. To order CDs or DVDs just email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net. I accept PayPal or personal checks, whichever you prefer. Shipping is free anywhere in the USA.

Today’s thought to smile about:
The fleeting colors of sunrise and sunset

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home