Wednesday, May 28, 2008

CONTEMPORARY STILL LIFE PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“BLACK & WHITE”
8x8 inch original oil painting
SOLD

In addition to painting outdoors on location (en plein air) I also greatly enjoy setting up interesting still life arrangements in the studio. I felt this composition was simple, but dramatic.

I always begin a painting by asking myself what made me want to paint the subject and what I want to express about it. Then I kick it up a notch by asking how I can make the ordinary become extraordinary. From that point on, it practically paints itself. I just hold onto the brush and go along for the ride.

I was quite pleased with how this piece turned out; hope you like it too. If you would like it on your wall, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net and we can arrange it.

Thanks for looking. Scroll down on my blog to see more paintings.

Today’s thought to smile about:
A good solution to something

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home