Friday, May 16, 2008

ANTIQUE KODAK CAMERA CASE DAILY PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“A KODAK MOMENT”
8x10 inch original oil painting

This painting isn’t for sale; it’s a gift for a friend.

My friend found this ancient Kodak camera case in an antique store. He mended the handle and polished the worn leather before sending it to me as a surprise gift. I now have the case hanging on my studio wall and thought it would make a nice subject for a painting.

Ironically, when I was small my parents had a camera that fit this case. I still remember it well and this brings back wonderful memories for me. When this painting is dry I will ship it to my friend as a thank you. I think he might like it.

Have a wonderful day, and don’t forget to make some memories along the way.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Surprise gifts from good friends

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte McDavid said...

Nice painting and great story. Thanks for sharing.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

When I saw this painting, I made one of those inexplicable audible expressions of exhilaration, that we don't know we have in us, until it comes out. The guy working on a legal brief next to me at the terminals looked over; I showed him your painting, and he coined my reaction, in duplicate, so, I guess that it was appropriate. Tee hee. Love, Carol

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home