Wednesday, April 02, 2008

FARM AND BARN DAILY PAINTING, LANDSCAPE BY TOM BROWN



“ANCIENT RELIC”
6x8 inch original oil painting

SOLD

I spent my teen years in rural farm country, and often sketched crumbling barns and other farm structures in the area. I have always been attracted to these ancient buildings with their weathered wood, missing planks and often times the random additions that were made over the years.

I often wondered what interesting stories they could tell about past generations of people whose lives were entwined within these buildings.

Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you’re interested in this painting or if you would like to commission me to create a special painting for your home or office. I paint in all sizes but typically offer smaller works like this online to enable new collectors to sample my work at affordable prices. Currently I am completing three paintings that were commissioned by the City of Irvine for permanent display in the Civic Center. Each canvas measures five feet wide.

To view paintings available on my website, click the headline above today’s image. Thanks for looking.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Apple pie ala mode

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home