Wednesday, April 09, 2008

DAILY PAINTING, GREEN GRAPES & APPLE STILL LIFE BY TOM BROWN


“TASTY COLORS”
6x6 inch original oil painting

SOLD

As I set up this still life to paint it, I noticed how light actually passes through the green grapes. If you look closely you can see a golden glow on the shadow side of the grapes. I also wanted to show the rich color and bright, shiny skin of the apple.

It was a delicate balance to capture these details, yet keep the painting loose and painterly in the process. I was very pleased with how this piece turned out. Hope you enjoy it too.

Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net if you want this one for your wall.

For details about my instructional CDs on OIL PAINTING FOR THE BEGINNER or my CD on PLEIN AIR PAINTING click the headline above. Complete information is on my website.

Thanks for stopping to look.

Today’s thought to smile about:
People who always look for the good in others

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home