Friday, July 10, 2009

APPLES & ORANGES, 8x10 INCH OIL PAINTING BY TOM BROWN


“COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES”
8x10 inch original oil painting
SOLD
To purchase this painting email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net

The part of this composition that most intrigued me was the refracted image that is seen through the glass of water. The orange is distorted in strange ways similar to objects seen through a fishbowl. It was a challenge to capture these effects in a convincing manner while maintaining a loose, painterly quality.

This painting will look great in any room of your home. Email me if you would like to make it yours. tombrownstudio@cox.net

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann Reyes said...

I just LOVE this and yesterday's paintings! They're even better than your landscapes and I love your landscapes! The painterly quality is amazing!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW, I could spend an hour in front of the orange alone, and then there is the apple. -Carol

4:59 PM  
Blogger Paintdancer said...

Wonderful painting, Tom.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home