Saturday, March 01, 2008

LARGE PALM TREE STUDY DAILY PAINTING


“LARGE PALM STUDY”
Approximately 11x14 inches
Original oil painting on unstretched canvas
To purchase this painting, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net
SOLD

This palm tree study was never intended to be completed; I did it only to capture specific information about the interesting textures and color changes on the trunk where fronds had been trimmed. I also wanted to record how the baby palm was sprouting near the base of the large palm tree.

This is like a glimpse over my shoulder so you can see the artistic process in action. It is much larger than most “studies” but I had a large canvas and I was feeling particularly loose and free. I also needed to work big enough to capture all necessary detail.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Palm fronds rustling in the breeze

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

This is AWESOME. Beautiful shapes!
I have become better at painting palms but haven't painted one as DEAD ON as this one :D

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home