Tuesday, March 04, 2008

DAILY PAINTING, EUCALYPTUS STUDY BY TOM BROWN


“THE COLOR OF SUNSHINE”
6x8 inch original oil painting
SOLD

For the price of a poster you can own this original oil painting that will bring a breath of fresh air and sunshine into any room of your home.

To purchase it, email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net. I accept PayPal and personal checks. Shipping is free to anywhere in the USA.

The trunks of eucalyptus trees are an artist’s delight. The bark peels off in multi-hued layers of unlikely colors like mint green, mauve, burgundy and more. It’s truly a joy to paint.

I did this and a number of other studies of eucalyptus on location in preparation for a large commissioned piece I am about to begin. By working swiftly and intuitively from nature I am able to capture the essence of the subject. I use this information to keep the freshness in the larger painting done in the studio.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Little children squealing in laughter

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love how loose this is. It jumped right out at me.

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home