Tuesday, January 22, 2008

URBAN ABSTRACT CITY FREEWAY OIL PAINTING-A-DAY








“TAIL LIGHTS”
(FREEWAY SERIES)
Representational Abstract Painting
5x7 inch original oil painting

Want it? Email me: tombrownart@gmail.com

Tomorrow I will return to my impressionist paintings, but before that here is another in the same abstract series as “EXTREME GAMING,” which I posted two days ago.

This reminds me of extreme video gaming. A horde of competitors jam the freeway as they descend upon Paradise City. Some will make it to the next level, some will burn out. This is real life, not a video game. Feel the energy!

Rather than capturing specific details I simply wanted have fun with the surface texture of the paint and work with the design and color of the piece. I stayed loose and free, and I allowed the tactile effects of the paint to take on a life of its own. (Look at the gobs of thick, juicy paint in the detail photos.)

When I arrived at this point, I was finished. I felt that any additional work would kill the energy of the piece. I’m interested in your reactions or comments. Let me hear from you. tombrownart@gmail.com

Today’s thought to smile about:
Free painting giveaways
(Next month I will do another free art giveaway. Keep watching.)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim VanDerHoek said...

These are fun Tom! What a nice change of pace.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home