Tuesday, January 29, 2008

SUNSET CONTEMPORARY ABSTRACT OIL PAINTING by Tom Brown



“CITY LIGHTS”
Representational Abstract Painting
8x10 inch original oil painting
SOLD


Here’s something a bit different from my usual landscapes. It’s done WAAAY looser than I usually work, but I couldn’t help myself. I was totally pumped and it shows! This piece is pure emotion spread across a canvas in liberal quantities for all to see and enjoy! It straddles the line between abstraction and realism, and it’s definitely not for the timid soul. Some areas were even painted with my fingers and the sides of my hands. In fact the paint is so thick in some areas it’s nearly a sculpture.

The sun is a fiery red ball, descending behind a slash of blue-purple clouds low in the sky while city lights begin to sparkle in the distance. But this is about much more than the apparent subject.

This is an experience. It’s all about colors, and values, and composition, and the texture of thick gobs of paint slathered on the canvas. It’s about the sense of urgency and freedom captured simultaneously. This one is a piece of my heart and soul, captured forever on canvas. I had fun doing it; hope you like it.

I’m interested in your reactions or comments (positive OR negative). Let me hear from you. tombrownart@gmail.com

Today’s thought to smile about:
Treating yourself to a good massage

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Candy Barr said...

Fantastic Tom. Love the "urgency" in style and what is consequently captured. Let er rip! Now about about a still life captured this way?!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home