Tuesday, January 01, 2008

MY FINAL PLEIN AIR PAINTING OF 2007



“FINAL PAINTING OF 2007”
6X6 inch Original Oil Painting

SOLD

This is my final plein air painting of the year, painted on December 31, 2007. My wife and I were shopping at Foothills Ranch and the spectacular scenery inspired me to grab my mini paintbox from the car to create one final painting of the year.

While I painted this from the edge of the parking lot my wife was able to enjoy a bit of shopping time alone. This was a bonus for her because I’m a typical “male” shopper. I go in, get what I want, and check out. My wife is more of a “recreational” shopper and likes spending a bit more time in stores than I do. (Men are from Mars, etc.) This way everybody was happy.

Here is a photo of the actual scene for comparison, and a picture of the mini paintbox I used. My Midwest friends may find it hard to believe but this photo was actually taken as I painted outdoors on December 31, with temperatures in the 70s. I love the weather, the sunshine and the stunning scenery where I live. Hope you can see that in this painting.

Want this painting? Email me with an offer. tombrownart@gmail.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM CALIFORNIA!

By the way, my entire website has been renovated with a fresh new look, check it out. http://www.tombrownstudio.com/

Today’s thought to smile about:
Do an unexpected kindness today, and let that set the tone for the New Year.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Liza Hirst said...

Hi Tom
Most of all I want to tell you how much I enjoy your work. Secondly I'm afraid to say You've been tagged! (see my blog for the rules)
Looking forward to your answers.
I wish you lots of fun and all the best for 2008!!!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Tom, I love your wide range of subject matter and loose painterly style.
Where is part one of the Art Tips post?

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home