Wednesday, January 23, 2008

CALIFORNIA IMPRESSIONIST PLEIN AIR SUNSET LANDSCAPE


“CATCHING THE SUN”
6x8 inch Original Oil Painting
To purchase, email me at tombrownart@gmail.com
SOLD

During a recent plein air workshop at Vasquez Rocks, students watched as I raced the setting sun while shadows advanced across the landscape. I thought of that as I painted this, and I felt a special thrill in capturing this moment so that it can be shared with others.

Sunlight filtering through the atmosphere gives the mountains and sky a magical glow at this time of day. The land seems to smile and breathe a long sigh of pleasure before settling in for the night. Enjoy the feeling.

PS: I will do another FREE PAINTING GIVEAWAY next month. Keep an eye on my blog for details.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Candles at dinner

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was thinking about putting a bright light right smack dab in the center of a landscape that I was working on, last week, but I didn't, and now I realize that I should have had more courage. That aspect of your work is utterly gorgeous; that one brilliant streak,of last days light, I contemplated it for hours, it was exactly what foolish hessition kept from my work. Sigh, thanks for giving me insight.
Today the director of the Law Library hauled in six huge landcapes with rococo frames, (this is a sixties building, with an 80s radical reconstruction add-on; but I look at it this way, at least she was inspired to go out and get some art, after seeing all of us looking at your web site. It's a start. Eventually I will tell her what might have been more in keeping, the representational abstracts you posted for a few days perhaps. All of this takes time. I hate to think of what those mastodon landscapes cost the tax payers though! -Carol

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home