Wednesday, December 12, 2007

LARGE COLORFUL IMPRESSIONIST STILL LIFE


“HONEY JAR”
14x18” original oil painting on stretched canvas
SOLD

Just a reminder: both of my new CDs are available for quick shipping and will make wonderful Holiday gifts. They are "Art Books On CDs" that you can use on your computer or print out for handy reference. Each CD is $30 including postage.

“OIL PAINTING MADE EASY”
This is for absolute beginners or anyone interested in learning how to paint with oils.

“PLEIN AIR PAINTING MADE EASY”
This is for anyone who wants to join the fun of painting outdoors. This CD lets you look over my shoulder as I work on location.

I take you through a number of different plein air paintings step-by-step, explaining all the details as each painting develops. This lets you follow along at home. It’s great practice before you venture outdoors with your own paints.

I show a variety of approaches I use depending on the subject. I show how to simplify a complex scene. I explain how and why I sometimes work on a toned panel, and how it’s different than working on white canvas. You’ll see how to paint when the light is constant and you can take your time. And you’ll follow along when the sun is setting and we're racing the light. Each situation requires a different way of working.

I show how to start with a pencil sketch to solve composition problems in advance. I give recipes for each color mixture at each stage of the painting, and loads of other tips. This lets you practice in advance before you venture out on location to try it yourself.

If you’re interested email me at tombrownart@gmail.com I accept PayPal and personal checks. I ship to the U.S. only, however.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Painting a still life outdoors in the sunlight

1 Comments:

Blogger Don Gray said...

These recent still lives are just bursting with glowing color and light. Nice work, Tom.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home