Wednesday, December 05, 2007

COLORFUL IMPRESSIONIST STILL LIFE, ROSES


“A ROSE IS A ROSE”
6x6 inch Original Oil Painting
SOLD

This is another one that was done as pure self-indulgence. I wanted to explore the effects of painting clear glass, with reflections and refracted light. And of course there was the rose and the small rosebud. Roses are always a joy to paint. Hope you like it.

Make me an offer if you’re interested. tombrownart@gmail.com I accept PayPal and personal checks. I ship to the U.S. only, however. To see paintings in my eBay store, click the headline. Thanks for looking.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Roses

3 Comments:

Blogger Dean H. said...

Great work, Tom!! Really like the boldness of the thick strokes! Carry on!

Dean

5:52 AM  
Blogger PAT MEYER -- said...

Love your use of color and the fresh expression that the rose feels. Your confidence is shown in the stokes that are made. As a fellow artist that loves to paint roses your piece spoke to me. Thanks for painting such a wonderful piece. Pat

5:21 AM  
Blogger Diana Moses Botkin said...

Oh I agree that glass is a whole lot of fun to paint. It's mostly the reflections that define it and so many wonderful things happen when light reflects!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home