Tuesday, November 13, 2007

CHICAGO IMPRESSIONIST TONALIST CITY LANDSCAPE PAINTING


“THE WINDY CITY” by Tom Brown
6X6 ORIGINAL OIL
SOLD

I began my art career in Chicago and worked on Michigan Avenue along the Magnificent Mile. The city was alive with energy and a wonderful array of shopping, dining, entertainment and art galleries were all within walking distance or a short cab ride. This painting is for those who love the hum and electricity of the city, with adventure waiting at every corner.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Chicago’s Magnificent Mile

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Daily Paintings said...

Excellent piece!!
Mike

12:08 PM  
Blogger Chris Ousley said...

Ass kicking... Good work!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Liza Hirst said...

I love this painting! I was in Chicago for the first time this summer and enjoyed it very much.
And before I had even read your thought of the day, I smiled while remembring walking down the magnificent mile!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I won this painting and I love it. I grew up near Chicago and it was a real treat to enjoy all that the Windy City had to offer. Whenever I need feel the need for the "Big City" I just look at the painting for awhile and utilize my memory! Thanks.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home