Monday, September 03, 2007

URBAN LANDSCAPE TONALIST IMPRESSIONIST OIL PAINTING


“BEAUTY IS WHERE YOU FIND IT” by Tom Brown
5x7 inch original oil painting
(Plus FREE offer, see below)
SOLD


Plein air painting is much more than recording pristine vistas. Beauty is wherever the artist finds it, as this painting of a freeway bridge and vacant lot demonstrates. In my upcoming one-man show I will be exhibiting approximately 100 new paintings, many of which include surprising and unexpected vistas like rush hour traffic, freeway bridges and other surprising scenes like this.

A full color book of my work has also been produced and a limited number of copies will be available at the opening of the show.

SPECIAL OFFER: I will include a FREE copy of the full color book of my paintings if you are the winning bidder of the eBay auction for this painting and mention seeing this offer on my blog. Tell a friend, too. You’ll EACH receive a copy of the book if you each bid and one of you wins the auction. (Up to 3 books maximum.)

The opening reception for my show is Friday, September 14, 5:30 to 8 pm, at the Irvine Fine Arts Center, 14321 Yale Avenue, Irvine California 92604. Admission, parking and refreshments are free. The exhibit will be on display until the end of October.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Seeing a double rainbow

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim VanDerHoek said...

Another beautiful painting Tom! The architecture of freeway overpasses has always fascinated me. I’ve often wished I could stop the car and paint in the middle of the freeway. Your show on the 14th will be very exciting and I must remember to stop and get a copy of your book.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home