Sunday, September 23, 2007

IMPRESSIONIST LANDSCAPE, SLEEPING CITY SIDEWALK


“SLEEPING CITY SIDEWALK” by Tom Brown
6x6 Original oil painting
SOLD

Kris Kristofferson’s song “Sunday Morning Coming Down” kept running through my head as I painted this early one Sunday morning on a city street. And so I named this painting with a line from that song.

If you are interested in buying this painting before it is offered on eBay please email an offer to me at: tombrownart@gmail.com

Today’s thought to smile about:
Kris Kristofferson songs

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim VanDerHoek said...

I love the style of this one Tom! Very contemporary.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Heidi Malott said...

What a feast of beautiful cool and warm grays. Lovely!

5:40 AM  
Blogger wanda knight said...

The shadows, the brick, the texture and the color...everything works! I love it. And I love Kris Kristopherson songs.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Cooper Dragonette said...

Terrific piece Tom. Great line work and palette!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jeff Mahorney said...

Beautiful high key painting Tom. I love the dark outlines coming through. Is that dark underpainting I'm seeing?

7:38 AM  
Blogger Tom Brown said...

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the compliment. Yes you are seeing some dark underpainting in this piece. I also painted on a toned panel that affects the texture, color, tone and style in various ways. I was quite pleased with this one, but now I can't stop singing Kristofferson's song in my head! Thanks again. - Tom

8:30 AM  
Blogger Kim Weber said...

The tones and colors are great! I also like the subject. I just returned this morning from looking at your exhibit again at IFAC, this time in peace and plenty of time to "soak up" the beauty!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home