Thursday, September 13, 2007

CITY LANDSCAPE, URBAN ART IMPRESSIONIST OIL PAINTING


“GENTLEMEN, START YOUR ENGINES”
12x16 inch original oil by Tom Brown


As these cars waited for a green light beside a popular Starbucks coffee shop I was reminded of the famous phrase that starts the Indy 500 race each year, “Gentlemen, start your engines!” The entire scene spoke to me from an artistic standpoint, and I especially enjoyed the geometric forms of the building contrasted with natural shapes of trees and mountains. The early morning light added the final touch of magic to this piece.

This painting is featured in my solo show which opens tomorrow in Irvine, California. The exhibit is on display until the end of October. Come have a look if you get the chance.

As always I would love to hear from you. Email me with any questions or comments at tombrownart@gmail.com

Today’s thought to smile about:
Reaching out to someone when they need it

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim VanDerHoek said...

Very exciting! I'm looking forward to your show on Friday!

10:33 PM  
Blogger wanda knight said...

Great Painting!
I hope your show opening is more than you ever dreamed it could be.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Liza Hirst said...

I really wish I wasn't so far away and could see your show. This is another superb painting!

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home