Friday, September 07, 2007

CITY LANDSCAPE, FREEWAY BRIDGE IMPRESSIONIST OIL PAINTING


I paint what moves my spirit. A subject can be as simple as light itself, or as involved as depicting the contrast between man-made shapes and the organic forms of billowing clouds. Freeway structures and street signs are as worthy to be painted as a pristine landscape of scenic grandeur. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Today’s painting will be exhibited in my new show which opens next week. The opening reception is Friday, September 14, 5:30 to 8 pm, at the Irvine Fine Arts Center, 14321 Yale Avenue, Irvine California 92604. I hope to meet you there.

Admission, parking and refreshments are free. I will be exhibiting approximately 100 new paintings of Irvine, including some surprising and unexpected vistas like rush hour traffic, freeway bridges, historic architecture and other surprising scenes as well as pristine landscapes. Come have a look.

A film documenting my painting techniques will be shown at the opening reception, and a full color book of my paintings will be available in limited quantities. Email me with any questions at tombrownart@gmail.com

Today’s thought to smile about:
The happiness you find by looking for the good qualities in people

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan Cox said...

I really like your style...do you belong to LPAPA?

8:56 AM  
Blogger wanda knight said...

Another wonderful painting. I especially like Today's Quote

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home