Tuesday, August 21, 2007

PLEIN AIR LANDSCAPE BY TOM BROWN


“CRUISING CULVER” by Tom Brown
10X6 inches, original oil painting

SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT:
This is the small field study for a 24x36 inch painting to be featured in my upcoming one-man show “THE UNEXPECTED VISTAS OF IRVINE.” The opening reception is Friday, September 14, 5:30 to 8 pm, at the Irvine Fine Arts Center, 14321 Yale Avenue, Irvine California 92604. Admission, parking and refreshments are free. Hope to see you there!

This study shows the view looking north on Culver Avenue at Irvine Center Drive. In this painting I wanted to capture the majestic grandeur of the mountain range that forms a backdrop for the morning commute.

I set up my easel on the median strip to paint this study (a bit risky) and fortunately all went well. Come to my show and have a look at the large painting created from this study, as well as about 100 other paintings focusing on scenes of Irvine usually not seen in art. The show will be up from September 14 through October 27, 2007. Tell your friends, too!

Today’s thought to smile about:
Safe landings.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Landes said...

My 45th high school reunion will be at Univ of Irvine 9/15. I am hoping to attend and come a day early to see your paintings. I grew up in the orange groves bordered by eucalyptus trees. Our property is now part of Disneyland
(annex--next to fruit stand on Harbor Blvd). I can always recognize your paintings -- and consistently enjoy them.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff Mahorney said...

Beautiful painting Tom. You work is inspiring as always.

btw- my hat's off to you for braving the median. I felt nervous just this morning when I positioned on a small median to take a photograph (for painting reference). I'm gunna have to build up some guts to actually paint out there. Wish I didn't love street scenes.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home