Saturday, August 25, 2007

PASTORAL TONALIST IMPRESSIONIST OIL PAINTING LANDSCAPE


“FLEETING COLORS IN THE SKY” by Tom Brown
Original oil painting by Tom Brown
6X6 inches
SOLD


At a certain time of day the colors in the sky are very fragile, lasting a brief time before changing or disappearing completely. I was delighted to be able to capture these effects in oils while I had the chance. You will like this one.

SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT: I hope to meet you at the opening of my one-man show “THE UNEXPECTED VISTAS OF IRVINE.” The opening reception is Friday, September 14, 5:30 to 8 pm, at the Irvine Fine Arts Center, 14321 Yale Avenue, Irvine California 92604. Admission, parking and refreshments are free. Come join me for a fun evening!

Coming soon, my new CD art lesson: “OIL PAINTING FOR THE ABSOLUTE BEGINNER.” With this user-friendly guide you can learn to paint in a weekend, on your very first try. If you have ever wished you could paint with oils, this is the answer to your dreams. Watch my blog for details.

Today’s thought to smile about:
Hummingbird feeders being used

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Moses Botkin said...

Great job, Tom. It's beautiful!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home