Wednesday, June 13, 2007

FIGURATIVE DAILY PAINTING (click here to see my eBay art)


“ARTISTS AT WORK” by Tom Brown
IMPRESSIONIST DAILY PAINTING
Original oil on canvas
SOLD

I nearly named this painting “Plein Air Painting of Plein Air Painters Painting en Plein Air.” This is a painting I did on location at the finish of a workshop, showing a few of my students painting at Newport Back Bay wildlife preserve. Foggy atmosphere veiled the cliffs across the bay and created a nice mood.

We had a wonderful time, painted some beautiful pictures and formed great friendships. The artist on the far right is a newspaper columnist; the man next to her is her husband. The man second from left is a successful commercial artist and the woman on the far left is a first-time artist. We always have an interesting mix of people in my workshops and I enjoy meeting and getting to know each of them.

Today’s thought to smile about:
The sweet, clean smell of early morning air

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Sealey said...

I like this one; you created some nice rhythms with the figures.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ed Terpening said...

Yes, I love to paint other plein air artists working. They make such great subjects. It's also nice to break out of the "lone landscape" mode.

Funny thing, I sold several paintings I did at a Gay Faulkenberry workshop a few months ago--most of the paintings that sold where of other artists working.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home